AUPAIR IN GREAT BRITAIN
Briefly about conditions
• Work for 5 hours a day for 5 days per week
Baby-sit for 2 evenings per week
Have 2 free days a week
?50-100 per week
Each family has different requirements and since the Au Pair is a guest in the family home ,it is necessary for the Au pair to be flexible.
In order to place an Au Pair successfully ,we require the following:
1) a completed application form
2) 2 good references.
3) a letter written in English, introducing yourself to the host family - This should include an introduction of yourself, information on your background, interests/hobbies, relevant experiences. This letter should be 600 words in length.
4) Passport photo and 4 complete photo of you (recent!)
5) a medical certificate ,declaring the good health and suitability of the applicant.
6) Police certificate to verify that the Au Pair does not hold a criminal record
Au Pair duties can include:
Providing alert, responsible childcare.
Involving your host family's children in activities and games that foster positive growth and development.
Preparing meals and snacks for the children, and cleaning up afterwards.
Picking up the children after school.
Doing the children's laundry, as well as your own.
Making the children's beds.
Straightening the children's rooms. Keeping your own living quarters clean
Host family expects au pair to:
"Observe family "rules, traditions, and curfews" and set a good example for the children.
"Be ready to work at you’re agreed upon start time, showered, dressed and ready to go.
"Immediately inform the host family of any problems or issues that occur while the children are in your care.
"Act responsible at all times.
"Handle situations maturely.
"Be flexible; living with a family requires adapting to new ways of thinking and doing things.
The Host Family obligations and responsibilities.
·A detailed job description, an outline of your au pair's specific responsibilities.
·A reasonable work schedule, which should be given to your au pair before accepting placement.
·A full weekend (Friday evening through Monday morning) off each month.
·A private bedroom.
·Two weeks paid holiday, at a mutually agreed upon time.
·Fair amounts of time off to allow your au pair to pursue personal interests, attend school, and meet new friends.
Adult supervision for your au pair's first three days (with either an adult host family member, your previous au pair, or another responsible adult) to help her/him adjust to her/his new environment.