AU PAIR IN USA
Briefly about conditions
45 hours/week working week
- 50 000 USD
Schooling 72 hours
The Opportunity of a Lifetime!" will give you one-year to:
· Experience USA culture first-hand by living in an American town.
· Become part of an American family.
· Care for American children.
· Travel and see other regions of the USA.
· Participate in cultural activities.
· Further your education.
· Meet interesting people.
· Make life-long friends.
Au Pair duties can include:
Working 45 hours per week; receiving one and a half days off each week.
Providing alert, responsible childcare.
Involving your host family's children in activities and games that foster positive growth and development.
Preparing meals and snacks for the children, and cleaning up afterwards.
Driving the children to school, lessons, and other appointments and activities.
Picking up the children after school.
Doing the children's laundry, as well as your own.
Making the children's beds.
Straightening the children's rooms. Keeping your own living quarters clean
Host family expects au pair to:
"Observe family "rules, traditions, and curfews" and set a good example for the children.
"Be ready to work at your agreed upon start time, showered, dressed and ready to go.
"Immediately inform the host family of any problems or issues that occur while the children are in your care.
"Act responsible at all times.
"Handle situations maturely.
The Host Family: your obligations and responsibilities.
goAUPAIR® requires the host family to provide their au pair with:
· A detailed job description, an outline of your au pair's specific responsibilities.
· A reasonable work schedule (up to 45 hours a week, no more than 10 hours a day, 1 days off each week), which should be given to your au pair before accepting placement.
· A full weekend (Friday evening through Monday morning) off each month.
· A private bedroom.
· At least $139.05 per week pocket money (you and your au pair will decide if this should be paid weekly or every other week).
· Two weeks paid holiday, at a mutually agreed upon time.
· Up to $500 towards the cost of 6 semester hours of post-secondary coursework, as well as transportation to the class.
· A fair amount of time off to allow your au pair to pursue personal interests, attend school, and meet new friends.
J-1 exchange visa costs 810 Eek (paid through the Uhispank) and it will be made on the basis of form IAP 66 within max 3 days
For the application you will need: